Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Exploring the Moon: A Space Trip Into the Future (1969)


 

Happy Moon Day!

This is the cover of the April 1969 issue of Children's Digest. They would publish short book excepts and articles for children. I thought I would celebrate this day by sharing an article about the coming landing written from the perspective of a couple of years before.

The cover artwork was by the famous space artist Robert McCall.


The article is excepted from a 1965 Book called "The Question and Answer Book of Space". I blogged about it back in 2009 here: https://dreamsofspace.blogspot.com/2009/06/question-and-answer-book-of-space-1965.html


So this is exactly the kind of thing I was reading at ages 7 and 8. It was lacking in many details but I knew what was coming by the time July 1969 arrived. So join me on a little throw-back to a far-away time.







This last little box in the article brings it all back to me....

1 comment:

  1. Cover artwork by the famous Robert McCall, whose paintings hang in the Smithsonian.

    ReplyDelete