Friday, September 4, 2026

Six Days on Luna One (1965) Part 2

 



To continue with this fantastic space art book from 1965. Above is the 1963 Hungarian cover. I have not been able to find the book yet. There is so much here I run out of comments.

This is a translation into Russian of a 1963 Czech book. The 1963 book's title was:

 Šest dnů na Luně 1 (1963) 


I quote from here:

http://blog.edenfuture.com/2011/01/six-days-on-luna-1.html

 "Maybe the most beautiful book from Teodor Rotrekl´s peak period is Šest dnů na Luně 1 (Six Days on Luna 1, 1963) written by a journalist Ivo Štuka (1930 - 2007). This book for older children combines a real history and possible future of the space exploration with a kaleidoscopic novel set in our solar system. Almost every page contains a color illustration by Rotrekl, some of them quite exciting."

Shtuka, I. Illustrated by Rotreckl, Teodor. Шесть Дней На Луне-1 (Six Days on Luna One.) Prague: Artia. (211 p.) 1965.



















 
Part 3 Next Week

No comments:

Post a Comment