Friday, February 24, 2012

Uchu-u Ryoko (travel/trip in the universe). (1971?) Part 1

 Thanks for putting up with my Weekly Reader posts, now back to cool space art.  Not reading Japanese I can't tell you much about this thin "board" book.  It seems to be part of a pictorial encyclopedia series. This volume is about our future in space! You are looking at the back cover. Since I ended scanning most of the illustrations I will break this post into 2 parts.


My readers rescue me again! Chris says:

"The title of the book is uchu-u ryoko (travel/trip in the universe). It's a picture book for the 3-5 years old kids (the numbers in the right). It's for the kids before the primary school (maybe "kindergarten" ?)."
 My friends over at Project Sword Toys will appreciate this one. It reminders me of Thunderbirds vehicles. Someone was familiar with the Cape Kennedy "crawlers" but guessed how space shuttles might use them.
 Here are some beautiful painting of dramatic re-entry procedures.
 There is also a beautiful painting of the space station and how the space shuttle would be using it.
 The book seems to follow the "space progression" so the next step is landing on the Moon.
I will be back next week with the moonbase, mission to Mars and some cool space graphics.

3 comments:

  1. looking forward to the next part of this wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of the book is uchu-u ryoko (travel/trip in the universe).

    It's a picture book for the 3-5 years old kids (the numbers in the right). It's for the kids before the primary school (maybe "kinder garden" ?).



    Excuse me : even if i can read japanese, the english is not my mother tongue.

    In all cases, it's a very beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant book John! Where do you find all these great publications?

    ReplyDelete