Saturday, July 20, 2019

"The Road to the Moon": Kellogg's Man-In-Space Patches (1969)




One of my favorite sets of ephemera from my childhood is the Kellogg's Man-in-Space Patches, that came in boxes of Cornflakes in late 1968 and early 1969.


Each manned mission has its own patch from Freedom 7 (5-5-61) to Apollo 10 (scheduled 5-18-69).  They each had a description on the back of the patch of the astronauts, date of the mission, and what they did. 

Looking at them again on this 50th anniversary of the moon landing reminds me how much happened in those 8 years and how closely I felt like it was "my" success too. So enjoy this little extra.










































































1 comment:

  1. I just found a Freedom 7 patch, still factory sealed like yours, in a collection of stamps I purchased. These are rare as $$##! You should have your collection graded by PSA. It is a genuine 1 of a kind to have these patches in original factory packaging!!

    ReplyDelete